Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Two things that are really weird are on my mind.

One is my strange desire to get in to altercations with strangers. When I'm crossing the street, I slow down, daring that SUV that's turning through the crosswalk to come too close to me. I stand on the subway platform, reading a book, minding my own business, but expecting or waiting for somebody to brush by me and knock the book out of my hands so that I can let out an exasperated "Excuse me!"

I'm not sure why. Psychoanalyze me.

The other odd thing is walking down a corridor in an office. Doors half-open, doors closed, the clickety-clack of keyboards, murmering of telephone conversations. Always, somebody's disembodied voice trickles from an unidentifiable source, around a corner or through a wall. Somewhere, a telephone is ringing. It's an uncomfortable, hypoxic, hypnotic effect.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

i get that way sometimes. only i never have the balls to say anything even when people are clearly being rude (let alone when they're just trying to fit on the subway like everyone else and don't realize their bag is knocking into my side). no psychoanalysis, but understanding i guess =)

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home