Saturday, May 31, 2008

People are doing weird shit on bikes these days. John Prolly's weekly tricks throw-down sees some pretty ill shit, and the trailer for the Bootleg Sessions II shows a horizontal trackstand and a short game of bikeslap that's really fucking awesome.

Of course, we're doing weird shit too, and getting some attention from strange places. Tracklocross/Mud Sweat and Tears got a write-up on Trend central.com", which I didn't know even know about. But apparently we're the new hottest shit. Do we count the minutes until we've got a NYTimes Style Section article about us? I don't know. All I know is that tracklocross was borne from the idea that riding bikes on Randall's Island would be fun as shit. And it was!

Of course, lately I've just been into going fast and turning left on a 400 meter concrete oval. Wednesday saw a brutal 7-lap tempo that I took 3rd in, and a 12-lap Devil's Scratch as the B Feature race that I took 2nd in. I finally did a smart thing, marked the right guy, and completely stuck with him even though his sprinters' thighs have a serious edge on mine.

Tomorrow is Super Sprint Sunday, and me and the new bike are pretty excited for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home