Friday, September 19, 2008

I swung by Time's Up to remove a stuck bottom bracket, but even with four people - one person stabilizing the tool and the stand, two people stabilizing the bike, and the fourth person using a three foot cheater bar on the tool - the damn thing wouldn't come out. I want it sooner rather than later, and no shop that anybody I was talking to knew of stocked midlevel Campagnolo bottom brackets, so I had to do some internet clicking to order one. Damn. Wish I just had it in my QBP order. You know, the order where I also ordered the wrong size seatpost, and failed to order the Campagnolo housing/cable replacement set that wound up costing me $[REDACTED] when I realized I needed it at Bike Works.

So I've already spent a bit more on this newish bike than I had planned. Picking up a new frame and swapping parts is never that straightforward, is it? Even when you've got an awesome coop to rely on.

It's slightly frustrating, but it's not like it's breaking the bank. It's just that I'm spending more than I anticipated. I think it will be worth it, though.

Other things I have to look forward to: selling two wheelsets. Two wheelsets? Really? I think so. I think I plan to buy a low-end Campagnolo wheelset for the newbike, sell the old crosslaced one - if not soon, then, well, later when I figure out my employment situation. I'm also selling one of my fixed gear wheelsets and replacing it with the jumble of whatever-else-is-around, in my ongoing quest to simplify my number of wheels that I've got sitting around.

My new road bike is turning into something that's considerably less lock-up-able than my old one, but I don't think that will bug me all that much. It might be a slight annoyance here and there, but I'm also happier with my "commuter" than I have been in a while, and I also live much closer to most of the things I do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home