Thursday, August 07, 2008

An evening back at the velodrome for the first time in a couple weeks - and after recovering from a rough illness, over a week off the bike, and an accidental three or four pound weight loss - saw me riding with mediocrity. I kept trying to bridge up to the leaders and kept failing; the same four riders kept thrashing the cat 4 pack.

In the B feature I stayed near the front with three others who kept the pace high and strung the field out. I was on what I thought was the right wheel - somebody I knew from college whom I had just gotten reacquainted with - but he didn't start to sprint with 200m to go, and an attack came from over our shoulders. Fucking Angry Drew! I didn't even know he was in the race, or I'd have been watching for him. I did nip David Correira at the line, though, for 3rd place in the feature.

On vacation next week, so I won't be racing; there's only one Twilight Series night remaining for me. However, I'll be able to make half of the NYS championship meet (Friday night, I'll miss Saturday due to work, all day Sunday), which has an exciting schedule. I'll also throw down heavily for the Labor Day Meet, and hope that my track season will go out with a bang.

I'm looking forward to hanging up my TK2 and putting my Pogliaghi back together for pleasure rides around this new burrough in which I live.

1 Comments:

Blogger De.Corday said...

Oh how I miss seeing that Pog around... Having a bike-tuneup day on Thursday the 21st, wherein my Raleigh, Aaron's Trek and Lola's Batavus will all be wheels-up. You should bring that beautiful machine by. We'll all go for a PP loop or something afterward.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home